How to Bypass the Pattern Lock on an Android Device
The Android operating system provides a great security featured called Pattern Lock that lets you avoid any accidental taps made on the device. In order to use the feature, you first have to define a pattern which will then be used to authorize access to your device. Sometimes, the pattern gets forgotten by the users and they start to panic as they’re unable to access the device. As with every issue, there’s a solution. By using a few ADB commands, you can bypass the patter and get access to the device. To learn how to do that, follow our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have ADB installed on your PC. Learn how to install ADB.
2. You must have USB debugging enabled before the device was locked.
II. Bypassing the Pattern Lock on an Android Device:
1. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
2. Open the folder where you have installed ADB.
3. Right-click on any blank area on the screen while holding down the Shift button on your keyboard, choose Open command window here.
4. In the Command Prompt Window you just opened, type in following commands:
update system set value=0 where name='lock_pattern_autolock';
update system set value=0 where name='lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently';
5. Once done, reboot the device.
6. You’re all set!
Great! The Pattern Lock has successfully been disabled on your device and you can now access the device!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
TheUnlockr.com, your source for how to root, hack, and mod to unlock your device's true potential.Look for your device here to get started.
Need a custom ROM?Check out our ROM Repository to view all the ROMs available for your device.
Check out David's latest videos here.