The Archos 5 Internet Tablet features a 4.8 inch TFT screen with 800×480 resolution, that’s a perfect combination to browse websites as well as do any other tasks without getting the images pixeled. The tablet’s also equipped with connectivity options like Bluetooth and WiFi, to share still images and videos with your friends and family. If you’ve purchased this tablet and looking for a way to root it, here we have a guide for that. The following guide shows how you can root your Archos 5 Internet Tablet.
1. Rooting your device voids its warranty. However, you can restore the warranty by unrooting the device.
2. You must have setup Multiboot on your device. You can learn more about it here.
1. Rooted Firmware (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Rooted Firmware archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Copy the Zimage and intramfs.cpio.gz files over to the root your device’s storage.
4. Copy the update folder as well to the openaos folder available on your device.
5. Disconnect the tablet from your PC.
6. Turn OFF the tablet.
7. Press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
8. Choose Developer menu from the options that appear on your screen.
9. Using the available options, flash kernel and intramfs files.
10. Reboot the device.
11. You’re all done!
Great! The rooted firmware’s successfully been installed on your device. You now have root access, meaning you can install root-only apps to further enhance your experience with your device!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
For more of our modding, hacking, and advanced tinkering tutorials, head to our Rooting and Jailbreaking section.
For more of our tips and tricks, head to our How To section.