The Asus Transformer TF700 has brought several improvements over its predecessors like the screen resolution has been taken up to 1920×1200 to provide crystal clear contents on the screen. While the screen resolution isn’t the only factor to be considered to purchase the device, the TF700 has got a lot more to offer its users. On the back, you’ll find an 8 MP camera and the front camera lets you take pictures at 2MP, ideal for video chatting. If these specs lured you into putting $500 for a tablet, you’ve definitely got a great deal. The device owners will be happy to know that a root method has been found for the device, using which you’ll get a lot more from the device than what you could get with an unrooted one. So, buckle up and get ready to root your Transformer TF700.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can unroot the device to reinstate the warranty.
2. You must have unlocked bootloader of the device. You can do so from here.
3. This works on the Android Jelly Bean only.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s available in the first post)
2. Superuser ZIP (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place all the files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the Superuser ZIP file over to the root of your SD card.
5. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do that, simply hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any blank area on the screen, choose Open command window here.
6. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot bootloader
7. Once inside the bootloader mode, select Fastboot mode.
8. Now, enter following commands into the Command Prompt Window:
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
9. When the device boots up in normal mode, issue following command:
adb reboot recovery
10. It should then reboot into the Recovery Mode.
11. From the Recovery Mode, choose install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
12. Locate the Superuser ZIP you copied earlier and select it for flashing.
13. Once selected, the flashing should begin.
14. When it’s done, reboot the device by choosing reboot system now from Recovery Menu.
15. And you’re all done!
Awesome! Your Transformer TF700 just got a custom recovery as well as root access to enable the installation of custom ROMs and root-only apps.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Asus Transformer TF700 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.