Following the success of the HTC One X, HTC has recently launched a new quad-core smartphone named HTC One X+. Successor to the One X, the One X+ features a 1.7 GHz quad-core processor with 1GB of RAM and a big 4.7″ inch high-definition screen. To keep up in the competition in terms of software version, HTC has integrated Android Jelly Bean in the device out of the box. So, once you get the device in your hands, you’re all free to explore a new way of interacting with your device with new apps and of course, a revamped user-interface. If you’re interested in rooting your HTC One X+, you may follow our guide below.
1. Rooting the device voids the warranty (until you unroot it).
2. You must have unlocked the bootloader of your device. You can do so from here.
3. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 60% of battery life left.
4. The following procedure is intended to work on the HTC One X+ International Version only.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop. It’s preferred to find files easily at a later time.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop. This will give you adb.exe and fastboot.exe on your Desktop.
3. Rename the recovery image you downloaded to recovery.img.
4. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
5. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot bootloader
7. Once your device reboots into bootloader mode, issue the following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
8. Let it flash the recovery file and once it’s done, enter the following command:
9. The device should reboot.
10. And you’re all done!
Great! You’ve got the ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device, let’s see how you can gain root access on it.
1. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Copy the Root Package file over to the root your SD card.
3. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. To do so, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
4. Enter following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot recovery
5. The device should reboot into the ClockworkMod Recovery mode.
6. Once inside the Recovery, go to install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
7. Choose the Root Package file you copied earlier for flashing.
8. Sit back and wait till it finishes flashing of the file.
9. When it’s done, choose reboot system now from the recovery menu.
10. And you’re rooted!
Awesome! The root access has been achieved on your device in no time using the CWM Recovery. The Superuser app should be present on your App Drawer to help you manage root permissions!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC One X+ to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.