The Motorola Bravo got its software version upgraded to Froyo in April this year and within a few days, it got a working root method. Usually, when an update arrives, it just breaks the root access and the developer community then starts the work to bring a new method on the tablet. All thanks to the community, we now have a working root method for the Motorola Bravo and the following guide explains how you can use it. Buckle up and see how you can root your device!
1. This will void the warranty of your device (at least until you unroot it).
2. Make sure that you have charged your device to at least 60%.
1. z4Root (It’s attached with the first post)
1. Download and place the z4Root APK onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the APK file over to the root your SD card.
4. Disconnect the device after the file is copied.
5. On your device, head to Menu>>Settings>>Applications and enable Unknown sources.
6. Enable the USB debugging option as well from Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
7. Once done, open the File Manager on your device and install the z4Root you copied earlier.
8. Once it’s installed, launch it from the App Drawer.
9. Tap on Root button in the app to root your device.
10. Allow it some time to root the device, once done, reboot the device.
11. You’re all done!
Congrats! You’ve successfully gained root access on your Bravo. If you’ve been looking at some cool root-only apps, you can try them out now!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Motorola Bravo to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!