How to Unroot the Samsung Galaxy Beam I8530
The Samsung Galaxy Beam I8530 was rooted a while ago and with that, it gave the users freedom to access every root-only app available out there. Sometimes, due to some reasons, you may need to take the device to service center and when you’re gonna do so, we’d suggest you to first unroot the device. It should restore the warranty of your device so you won’t have any problem presenting it to the service center representative. Let’s see how you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy Beam I8530 smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. This should flash the stock firmware on your device.
3. All the data on your device will be erased, so make sure you backup any important data stored on the device first.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Odin (Download link’s available in the first post)
2. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
III. Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Beam I8530:
1. Place both the archives you downloaded to your Desktop. It should make it easier to find them.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file to launch it.
4. Turn OFF your device.
5. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
6. Once in Download mode, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
7. Now, in the Odin, select files in the appropriate tabs as shown below:
PDA – Select the file having CODE in its name
PHONE – Select the file having MODEM in its name
CSC – Select the file having CSC in its name
8. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in the Odin.
9. Hit the Start button and wait for the process to finish.
10. It should take some good time to finish the process.
11. Once it’s done, the device should reboot automatically.
12. And you’re unrooted now!
Wonderful! Your Galaxy Beam is now back to the stock firmware and the root access has been removed from the device. Feel free to take your device to service center as it’s been restored to its factory state!
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
TheUnlockr.com, your source for how to root, hack, and mod to unlock your device's true potential.Look for your device here to get started.
Need a custom ROM?Check out our ROM Repository to view all the ROMs available for your device.
Check out David's latest videos here.