Samsung has been known to manufacture a big number of Android Devices but when it comes to cameras, it’s still been able to keep its position up in the market. With the launch of Galaxy Camera, Samsung has shown how strong their love is with Android. The Samsung Galaxy Camera boasts a quad-core processor with 16MP Camera and of course, it runs on Android Jelly Bean OS. No matter what the device is, if it runs Android on the board, it can be rooted. The Galaxy Camera has got root just after its launch, all thanks to CF-Root for providing us with a simple method to root the device. If you can’t wait any longer, follow our guide below.
1. This will void the warranty of your device (until you unroot it).
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. CF-Root (Download link’s available in the first post)
2. Odin (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on Odin executable file to launch it.
4. In the Odin, click on PDA and select the CF-Root file you just extracted to your Desktop.
5. Turn OFF the device.
6. Pull the battery out of the device.
7. Put the battery back into the device.
8. Now, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Camera+Power buttons together.
9. The device should reboot into the Download mode.
10. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
11. Make sure that only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in Odin.
12. Hit the Start button to begin flashing the file.
13. Once it’s done, the device should automatically reboot.
14. And there you go!
Congrats! The CF-Root has been successfully flashed and you now have root access on the device to customize it to the extent you never did before!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.