If your pockets can’t accommodate the Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone, the Mini version of the phone is here for you. With the launch of the Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini, Samsung has really proven that it takes care of small pockets as well while not compromising on features at the same time. If you got this beast and want to gain root access on it, you’re at the right place. The following procedure shows how you can root your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 smartphone, to enjoy a wider range of app available only to rooted devices. Let’s get started:
1. This voids your warranty (until you unroot it).
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. Pre-Rooted Firmware (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Download and place both the files on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Turn OFF your smartphone.
4. Put it into Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
5. Press the Volume UP key to enter Download mode.
6. Double-click on the Odin executable file you placed on your Desktop.
7. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
8. In the Odin, click on PDA and select the .tar file you extracted from the archive to your Desktop.
9. Hit the Start button and wait till it finishes.
10. Once done, your device should reboot.
11. And you’re done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully flashed the pre-rooted firmware on your device. The firmware is exactly as the stock firmware, only root is injected into it.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!