If you think your Galaxy Camera’s having problems with capturing images or any other issues and want to return it to service center, make sure that you unroot it first. Unrooting restores the warranty that you lost while rooting the device and lets you present it to service center like it was never rooted. The following guide shows how you can flash the stock firmware to remove root access as well as take the device back to factory state. Here you go:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. We’d recommend a fully charged device as the process is going to take some good time.
1. Stock ROM (Download the appropriate ROM file)
2. Odin (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. First of all, put both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on Odin executable file and it should launch.
4. In the Odin, put files in the appropriate tabs as shown below:
PDA – Put the file having CODE in its name
PHONE – Put the file having MODEM in its name
CSC – Put the file having CSC in its name
5. Make sure only Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked in Odin.
6. Turn OFF your Galaxy Camera device.
7. Pull the battery out of the device.
8. Put it back into the device.
9. Now, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Camera+Power buttons together.
10. The device should reboot into Download mode.
11. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
12. Hit Start in the Odin and let it flash the firmware files.
13. The device should automatically reboot once it’s done.
14. And you’re unrooted!
Great! Your device’s now back to stock Jelly Bean firmware and the root access is no longer available on your device.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.