The Karbonn Mobile A7 smartphones does have some great hardware parts but its software side puts it a step back in the market as it still runs the Android Gingerbread while the Jelly Bean is available on almost all the high-end devices. If you picked this device and want to make it look great, as well as getting some new features at the same time, then we’d suggest you to go and install a custom recovery. ClockworkMod Recovery is one of the great custom recoveries comprising of some great options, like installing custom ROMs and taking backup of your current ROM, all from once place. If this is what you were looking for, or you just want to get rid of that GB user-interface, then follow our guide below to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Karbonn Mobile A7.
1. You must have done our How to Root the Karbonn Mobile A7 procedure first.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. ClockworkMod Recovery (Download link’s available at the bottom of the post)
1. Download and place the ClockworkMod Recovery archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop. Do NOT touch any files just yet.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. While the device’s turned OFF, press and hold the Volume UP+Power buttons together.
5. Connect the device to your PC when the green screen appears.
6. Double-click on the cwm recovery.bat file you extracted from the archive.
7. It should flash the CWM recovery on your device.
8. Once it’s done, reboot the device.
9. You’re all set!
Brilliant! The CWM Recovery is now up and running on your Karbonn Mobile A7 offering you a turning point to meet some great custom ROMs on the way!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Karbonn Mobile A7 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.