How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Micromax A100
If you have rooted your Micromax A100 using our root guide and want to further expand the customization options, you can install the ClockworkMod Recovery on it. The CWM Recovery provides a bunch of useful options, like installing zips, making nandroid backups and so on. These features really help you when you’re going to install a custom ROM or just tweaking your device with some mods. In the following guide, we’re gonna show you how you can install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Micromax A100 smartphone.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have done our How to Root the Micromax A100 procedure first.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ADB Made Easy (Download link’s given in the second post)
2. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (It’s attached in the second post)
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Micromax A100:
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Double-click on the ADB Made Easy file and install it on your PC.
3. Once installed, launch it on your PC.
4. Enable USB debugging on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
5. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
6. In the ADB Made Easy tool, click on Flash Recovery to phone button.
7. Select the Recovery Image you downloaded to your Desktop.
8. Let it flash the recovery on the device.
9. And you’re all set!
Awesome! Without typing in any tricky commands, you’ve successfully flashed the ClockworkMod Recovery on your Micromax A100 smartphone. Though the recovery is in beta, it works fine on the device.
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Micromax A100 to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.