Alcatel’s been good at manufacturing good devices, but I think it couldn’t do much with its One Touch 890D smartphone. The smartphone was announced back in 2011 and it runs on Froyo still in the times when we’ve almost forgotten GingerBread. In order for a device to be successful, it needs to be updated with latest software version as soon as it comes out but such thing is unlikely to happen with the device in talk. The One Touch 890D brings only a 400MHz processor which isn’t sufficient to run the latest iterations of Android. No matter what the world thinks about it, the Android Community will always love it and to prove that, it has come up with a root method for the device. So, at least, you can run some root-only apps and enjoy your time with the device. Let’s see how you can root your Alcatel One Touch 890D:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can restore the warranty by unrooting the device.
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. GingerBreak APK (It’s attached in the second post)
2. Superuser (Google Play Link)
3. ES File Explorer (Google Play Link)
1. Download and place the GingerBreak APK file on your Desktop.
2. Install both Superuser and ES File Explorer apps on your device using the links provided above.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the GingerBreak APK over to the root of your SD card.
5. Disconnect the device once file is copied.
6. Open the ES File Explorer app and look for the GingerBreak APK and tap on it to install it.
7. Once installed, launch it from Menu.
8. Hit Root button in the app.
9. Wait till it roots the device.
10. Once it’s done, reboot the device.
11. You’re all done!
Awesome! Your device has been successfully rooted using the GingerBreak exploit. If you still have doubt regarding the root access, you can clear it with this.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.