How to Root the Micromax A50 Ninja
Voice assistant isn’t a new thing as almost every smartphone users’ day begins with saying Good Morning to Siri if on iPhone or the same greeting to the Google Now, of course, on Android. To provide similar kind of experience, the India based company, Micromax has recently come up with the A50 Ninja smartphone with a voice assistant named AISHA. The feature has grabbed attention from smartphone users across the country. Along with AISHA, the phone has got Gingerbread onboard and a 650MHz processor and to not put much weight on your pocket, the device can be yours for only $95. If you’ve purchased the device or looking to buy it and concerned about whether you can root it or not, well, the answer is Yes. Root method has been discovered by an XDA member and it’s explained in the following guide. Once applied, the phone will become truly yours!
I. Before You Begin:
1. This should void the warranty of the device. However, you can unroot the device to reinstate warranty.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You must have ADB drivers installed on your PC. You can get them from here.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Boot Image (It’s attached in the first post)
2. SP Flash Tool (It’s attached in the first post)
3. Scatter File (It’s attached in the first post)
4. Drivers (It’s attached in the first post)
5. Unlock Root (It’s attached in the first post)
III. Rooting the Micromax A50 Ninja:
1. Place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Drivers archive to your Desktop.
3. Install the Drivers you got from the archive.
4. Extract files from the SP Flash Tool archive to your Desktop.
5. Double-click on the Flash Tool executable file and it should launch.
6. In the tool, click on Scatter-loading button and select the Scatter file you downloaded earlier.
7. A list of files will appear on the screen, make sure only BOOTIMG option is selected. Uncheck other options.
8. Double-click on BOOTIMG in the Flash Tool and select the boot.img file you downloaded earlier.
9. Go to Options and enable the USB Mode option.
10. Turn OFF your device.
11. Pull the battery out of the device.
12. Put it back into the device, but do not turn it ON.
13. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
14. Windows will automatically install the drivers for your device.
15. Once drivers are installed, unplug the device from your PC.
16. Remove the battery from the device.
17. Put it back into the device but don’t turn it ON.
18. In the Flash Tool, click on Download button.
19. A counter should start running in the tool and when so happens, connect the device to the PC.
20. It will then flash the file to your device.
21. Once flashing’s done, disconnect the device from the PC.
22. Pull the battery out of the device.
23. Put it back into the device.
24. Turn the device ON normally.
25. Once turned ON, go to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging and tick-mark the box.
26. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
27. Extract files from the Unlock Root archive to your Desktop.
28. Double-click on the Unlock Root executable file and it should launch.
29. Click on ROOT button in the tool and let it root the device.
30. Once rooting’s done, reboot the device.
31. When it boots up, head over to Google Play and install the Busybox app, it’s free.
32. You’re all done!
Great! Your Micromax A50 Ninja has been successfully rooted and you should find the Superuser app right in your App Drawer. You may now install your favorite root-only apps on your device!
IV. Flash a Custom Recovery Image (Optional):
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Micromax A50 Ninja to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.