Alcatel One Touch 890D has been around for two years and it hasn’t even been updated to at least GingerBread. The phone still runs the Froyo and we showed you a way to root it. If you were successful in rooting the device, then you must have installed some of the great root-only apps on it by now. While some apps are great, some are just fake and they may screw your device up and it’s more likely to happen with you as you’ve rooted your device. If such thing has happened with your device and it’s acting weird, you should better take it to the service center. But before you do that, make sure you unroot it first as it will restore the warranty so you don’t have any issues while presenting the device to the service center. The following guide covers how you can unroot your Alcatel One Touch 890D smartphone.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root the device, the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. Your device needs to have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. GingerBreak APK (Download link’s given in the first post, in step-6)
1. Place the APK file you just downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the APK file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once done, disconnect the device from your PC.
5. Open the File Manager on your device and install the GingerBreak APK you just copied.
6. Once installed, launch it from Menu.
7. Hit UnRoot button in the app and wait till it unroots the device.
8. Once it’s done, reboot the device.
9. You’re all set!
Great! The device’s now back to the factory state with almost no signs of modification. You should find that the Superuser app has been removed as it’s of no use now!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!