When we reported that the ClockworkMod Recovery’s available for the Karbonn Mobile A7, many of you might have installed it and then went on the way to enjoy custom ROMs to get rid of the Gingerbread. Installing a custom ROM is easy but it’s risky too as it bricks the device if not followed correctly and unfortunately, some of you might have experienced this. You don’t have to be unhappy any longer as the stock ROM for the Karbonn Mobile A7 has just become available online and using it, you can unroot the device as well as take it back to the stock firmware. Either to resurrect the device or to unroot it, follow the following guide.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 60% of battery life left.
1. Stock ROM (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the Stock ROM file on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Stock ROM file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Disconnect the device from your PC once the file has been copied.
5. Turn OFF the device.
6. Reboot the device into Recovery Mode. This can be done by pressing and holding the Volume UP+Power buttons together.
7. Keep the buttons pressed until the screen turns to red, then release them.
8. In the Recovery mode, choose apply update from sdcard.
9. Select the Stock ROM (update.zip) file using Power button.
10. Once selected, it should begin flashing the file.
11. When it’s done, reboot the device by choosing reboot system now from recovery menu.
12. And you’re back to stock!
Awesome! Your device has been restored to the stock firmware and the root access is blocked. The device should now provide you the out-of-the box features as it used to do!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.