How to Make Games More Playable on the HTC One X
No doubt that the HTC One X is able to play all those resource intensive games available on the Google Play, however, to make the experience much more exciting and to add a bit of smoothness, the Game Mods can help you. An XDA Member has developed a simple mod, actually a patch tool, that optimizes the games you play on your One X with the parameters from the Mod file, thus the games become more playable and lag-free. If this sounds exciting to you, then read on to know how you can install the Game Modder on your HTC One X.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
2. You must have the APK file of the game you want to make more playable.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Game Modder (Download link’s given in the first post)
2. Game Mod (Download link’s given in the second post)
III. Installing Game Modder to Make Games More Playable:
1. Download and place both the archives you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Game Modder archive and put them on your Desktop. Leave the Mod archive as is.
3. Create a new folder on your Desktop named Mods.
4. Move the Game Mod archive to the Mods folder you just created.
5. Double-click on the Game Modder executable file and it should launch.
6. In the tool, click on Browse and select the APK file of the game.
7. Once selected, choose the Mod you want to apply from the Mod List.
8. Hit the Patch button and it will begin patching the file.
9. Once it’s done, you’ll find a new folder on your Desktop named Signed. This folder has the optimized APK file of the game you chose earlier.
10. Connect your smartphone to your PC using the USB cable.
11. Copy the optimized APK file over to the root of your SD card.
12. Disconnect the device once the file is copied.
13. Open the File Manager on your device and install the app.
14. You’re all done!
Awesome! The mod has successfully been installed on the device and you should start to see the change as soon as you launch the game.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.