When you install a custom ROM or a Tweak, chances are you may end up with a bricked device and the solution to get back to the original track is install the stock firmware. The stock firmware wipes off all the data on the device and adds the original firmware files, this unroots the device as well. Since the device goes back to stock, it also gets its warranty reinstated, the main advantage of unrooting a device. Luckily, the stock firmware for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 LTE (N7105) is available online and in the following guide, we’ve explained how you can flash it on the device easily. Let’s see how you can do so.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device should have at least 60% of battery life left.
3. The following procedure works on N7105 model only.
1. Stock Firmware (Download link’s given in the first post, in section-3.2)
2. Odin (Download link’s given in the first post, in section-1)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives and put them on your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the stock firmware file you extracted earlier.
5. Make sure that the Repartition box is NOT checked in the Odin.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Reboot the device into Download mode by pressing and holding Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
8. It should ask you if you want to go into Download mode, hit Yes.
9. Once inside Download mode, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
10. Click on Start button in the Odin and it’ll start flashing the file.
11. Once it’s done, the device should reboot automatically.
12. You’re all done!
Brilliant! Your device has been successfully restored to the stock firmware and the warranty has also been reinstated. Should you want to visit the service center, you may do so now.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.