How to Get the Samsung Exhibit II 4G (SGH-T679) back to stock
At some point in your device’s life, you might want to erase all traces of ever having rooted your it, installed custom recovery or even flashed a custom ROM. This situation could arise when you are selling the device or if you ever want to take it into a service center for repairs. For those times, it’s always a good idea to get things back to stock to avoid unnecessary questions. The post below will help you do the same with the Samsung Exhibit II 4G, so read on if this is what you want.
I. Before You Begin
1. This will erase all the data on your device and flash stock firmware and recovery, so back up anything that you feel is important.
2. You will need to have ClockworkMod Recovery installed for this procedure to work; if you don’t have this already, use our guide for help with this.
3. Make sure that you have your device charged to 75% or more to prevent unnecessary shutdowns and bricking your device.
4. This guide will get your device back to stock Android 2.3.6 firmware.
II. Necessary Downloads
uvlg3.flash2stock.zip [Download link available in this post under the Flash2Stock section]
III. Getting the Samsung Exhibit II 4G Back to Stock
1. Connect your device to your PC and copy uvlg3.flash2stock.zip to your internal SD.
2. Boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this,i. Power down your device. ii. Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons until you see the Samsung logo appear. iii. Release both buttons. iv. Press the left bottom Menu capacitive button when you see the Recovery logo (white box with the android icon).
3. On the next screen, select apply update from sdcard using the Volume Up and Down buttons to navigate and the Home button to select.
4. Highlight uvlg3.flash2stock.zip on the next screen and press the Home button to select it.
5. Go back to previous menu and select reboot system now to restart your device.
Once the device reboots, your device should be back to stock and you’ll have to set it up as you would with any new device!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
TheUnlockr.com, your source for how to root, hack, and mod to unlock your device's true potential.Look for your device here to get started.
Need a custom ROM?Check out our ROM Repository to view all the ROMs available for your device.
Check out David's latest videos here.