How to Unlock the Nexus 4/10 Bootloaders without Fastboot
Unlocking bootloaders of the Nexus series devices have always been easier, you just plug-in your device and start Fastboot and issue a simple command and voila, your bootloaders unlocked. While this seems pretty easy to Windows PC users, Linux and Mac users have always been in lack of such easiness. Such users do not have to worry any longer as an XDA user has developed an app that does what it’s supposed to: unlock the bootloader. As I mention it’s an app, you just have to grab it from Google Play and launch it on the device. To help you out on how the app can be used, we’ve a nice guide just below. Follow it and get your bootloaders unlocked.
I. Before You Begin:
1. The procedure works on Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 devices only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. BootUnlocker (Google Play Link)
III. Unlocking Nexus 4/10 Bootloaders without Fastboot:
1. Use the link provided above to install the BootUnlocker app on your device.
2. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. You’ll find two options in the app, hit the Unlock button and it’ll unlock the bootloaders.
4. Follow any instructions displayed on your screen.
5. And you’re done!
Great! The bootloaders of your device have been successfully unlocked. Should you need to relock them at a later time, just fire-up the app and hit Lock button.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.