There’s no shortage of custom ROMs for the Samsung Galaxy S3 device and the number of such ROMs are increasing rapidly every passing day. While it’s possible to change the entire appearance of the device with custom ROMs, Mods allow you to change only certain parts of the user-interface, hence the possibility to replace ugly UI elements with the stylish ones cooked by the developers. On the Galaxy S3, the statusbar clock is not as beautiful as what some developers think it should be and to help users change this, a mod has just been developed. The Settings Mod for the Galaxy S3 allows users to modify the look of their statusbar clock and that too in not a geeky way. We’ve created a nice guide for you that explains how you can install the mod on your Galaxy S3 device.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our how to root the Samsung Galaxy S3 procedure.
2. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device. Follow this guide to do so.
1. Settings Mod (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Place the Mod ZIP archive on the Desktop of your PC. Do NOT extract it, just leave it as is.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the Mod ZIP file over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once the file’s copied, unplug the device from your PC.
5. Turn OFF the device.
6. Reboot the device into Recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume UP+Home+Power buttons together.
7. Once inside the CWM Recovery, choose install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Choose the Mod ZIP file you copied earlier for flashing.
9. It’ll take a minute or two to finish flashing the file.
10. Once it’s done, choose reboot system now from the Recovery menu.
11. You’re all done!
Great! The Mod has been successfully installed on the device and you should be able to see the changes it brings as soon as the device boots up!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.