Google Play is the official apps store where you can download apps and games for your Android Devices. It comes preloaded on all the Android devices, however, there’re exceptions like the Stealth Pro 9.7 tablet. This tablet doesn’t come with Google Play installed and therefore you can’t get the apps available inside the store and nothing could be disappointing than this. However, an XDA Developer has come to rescue the users of said device and he’s created a workaround that installs the Google Play on the device. The following guide teaches how you can get the Google Play on your Stealth Pro 9.7 tablet.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can find the rooting guide over here.
2. You must have ADB installed on your PC. See this guide to learn how to do so.
1. Phonesky APK (Download link’s given in the fourth post)
1. Download and place the Phonesky APK file in the folder where you’ve installed ADB. It’s the folder where adb.exe file is located.
2. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
3. Once enabled, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
4. Go to the folder where ADB is installed, hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then choose Open command window here.
5. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window you just launched:
6. Next, issue the following command:
adb push Phonesky.apk /system/app/
7. It’ll push the APK file over to your device. Now, enter the following command:
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/Phonesky.apk
8. Now reboot your device by issuing the following command:
9. You’re all done!
Congrats! The Google Play has been successfully pushed to the device. When the device boots up, just open up the Play app and update it to newer version, it’ll let you take advantage of bug-fixes as well as new additions in the app.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.