How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Huawei Ascend II (Straight Talk)
In the days when we’re seeing smartphones running Android Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean, we really can’t survive with a smartphone like Huawei Ascend II which runs on the Gingerbread OS, the firmware released about two years ago. However, tools like ClockworkMod Recovery have given the device a new life by adding the capability to install custom ROMs based on the latest iterations of Android. Besides custom ROMs installation capability, the ClockworkMod Recovery offers plenty of other features such as nandroid backups, to back up your entire ROM within a single tap, etc. To install the ClockworkMod Recovery on your Huawei Ascend II (Straight Talk), just follow our guide below.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You must have done our How to Root the Huawei Ascend II (Straight Talk) procedure.
2. Your device needs to have at least 60% of battery life left.
II. Downloading Required Files:
III. Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Huawei Ascend II (Straight Talk):
1. Download and install the ROM Manager app on your device using the link given above.
2. Launch the app from your App Drawer by tapping its icon.
3. Tap on Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option in the app.
4. You’ll be presented with a list of devices, tap on the name of your device.
5. It’ll then begin downloading and installing the recovery.
6. Once it’s done, reboot the device.
7. And you’re all set!
Great! The CWM Recovery has been successfully installed on your device. If you were planning to upgrade to ICS or JB with the help of custom ROMs, now is the perfect time to do so!
IV. Flash a Custom ROM (Optional):
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Huawei Ascend II (Straight Talk) to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.