It looks like the ClockworkMod Recovery is still in development for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Sprint smartphone, though you don’t have to worry as the TWRP Recovery has become available for the said device and it provides pretty much same features as the ClockworkMod Recovery. Installing TWRP takes no more than a few minutes and with our guide, you’ll be able to get it up and running on your device in no time, so let’s get onto the procedure to install TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy Note 2 (Sprint).
1. You must have done our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Sprint) procedure.
2. This will install the latest version of TWRP Recovery on your device.
2. TWRP Recovery (Download .tar version of the recovery)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Odin archive to your Desktop.
3. In the Odin, click on PDA and select the TWRP Recovery file you downloaded earlier.
4. Checkmark the boxes labeled as Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
5. Uncheck the Repartition box if it’s checked.
6. Turn OFF your device.
7. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do that, simply press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
8. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
9. Click on Start button and it’ll start flashing the recovery.
10. Once it’s done, your device should reboot automatically.
11. And you’re all set!
Brilliant! The TWRP Recovery was successfully installed on your Galaxy Note 2 (Sprint) and if you were planning to replace your current firmware with a custom one, you can do so now!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (Sprint) to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: Engadget
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.