How to Unroot the ZTE Warp Sequent
If you’re going to visit the service center because your rooted phone’s acting weird and you can’t rectify the issue, make sure you unroot it first. Unrooting will bring back your lost warranty and you should have no problem presenting your device at the service center. It’ll also help you avoid any unexpected questions at the center, so let’s get onto the procedure to unroot the ZTE Warp Sequent.
I. Before You Begin:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. ZTE Upgrade Tool (Download link’s given in the third post)
III. Unrooting the ZTE Warp Sequent:
1. Download and place the ZTE Upgrade Tool archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Tool’s executable file and install the program.
4. Launch the program you just installed on your PC.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Reboot the device into FMH mode. To do so, simply hold down the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
7. Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
8. The tool will then start scanning your device, it could take from a few seconds to a few minutes.
9. You will then be offered to upgrade your device, just hit the Upgrade button.
10. It’ll start the process to download and install stock firmware on your device.
11. You’ll have to wait for some good time.
12. Once it’s done, reboot the device.
13. And you’re all done!
Great! You’ve successfully unrooted your ZTE Warp Sequent device and it’s now back to the stock firmware. Warranty of the device has also been reinstated so you can visit the service center without any hesitation.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.