Hold onto your seats Galaxy Nexus I9250 users, as today just got a little bit sweeter with the release of Android 4.2.1 based MoDaCo CyanogenMod 10.1 (CM10.1) ROM. This gem aims at delivering a stock Android experience on a pre-rooted Jelly Bean ROM and is intended for everyday use. That means it brings together the best of a custom ROM with all the perks of CM10.1 experience. Don’t believe us? Check out the feature list below.
Android 4.2.1 Based MoDaCo CM10.1 ROM Features
For those of you looking to jump start your weekend, we’ve also included a how to guide on installing the ROM below. Don’t forget to read through the notes carefully before starting. Enjoy!
How to Install Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean with MoDaCo CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM on Galaxy Nexus I9250
1. Connect the phone to computer with original USB cable.
2. Without extracting, copy the downloaded ROM zip file to the root folder on your phone’s SD card.
3. Disconnect the USB cable and then power off the phone.
4. Boot into Recovery mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons together until the screen flashes, then release all three buttons (use volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select an option in Recovery).
5. Take a Nandroid backup of the current ROM so that you can restore it later if something goes wrong with the new ROM or you want to return to the original ROM. To do a backup, chooseBackup and Restore and hit Backup again on next screen. Return to main recovery menu once backup is done.
6. Perform full data wipe task. To do so, click wipe data/factory reset, then choose Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait for a few minutes till the data wipe process completes. Now, return to CWM recovery main menu. Choose wipe cache partition and once wiping process completes, hit Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option.
7. Choose Install zip From SD card and click Choose zip From SD card. Now, navigate to the MoDaCo CM10.1 ROM zip file that you copied earlier in Step 2 and select it by tapping Power button. Confirm ROM installation by choosing Yes on the next screen and the installation will begin.
8. After the ROM is installed, return to the main recovery menu and tap Reboot System Now to reboot the phone into Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean based MoDaCo CM10.1 custom ROM. The first boot may be time consuming (take about 5 to 7 minutes). So, leave it alone.
9. Returning to Previous ROM: To return to the previous ROM, boot into recovery, choose Backup and Restore then restore the previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Android 4.2.1 based MoDaCo CM10.1 custom ROM is now installed and running on your Galaxy Nexus I9250.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!