The LG Optimus Pro was first released in Italy in 2011 and then eventually, it became available in the US markets. It was one of those smartphones having a QWERTY keypad and Android as the operating system. Now it looks like the LG has stopped development for the device and the users aren’t able to see any ICS or Jelly Bean update coming, sigh. However, development never stops at the Android Communities around and to make the said device users happy, they’ve come up with a root method and a custom recovery. That’s all one needs to resurrect his device and in the following guide, we’re gonna show you how you can root your LG Optimus Pro smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of the device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. You must have ADB installed on your PC. You can see our guide on how to install ADB.
3. This will wipe off all the data on your device, so make sure to take backup of your important files first.
1. SuperOneClick (Download link’s given in the step-7)
1. Download and place the SuperOneClick archive on your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. On your device, head to Menu>>Settings>>Privacy>>Reset factory data. This will reset your device to factory state.
4. Once done, connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Open a Command Prompt Window in the folder where ADB is installed. It’s the folder where adb.exe file is located and it should be in C:/ drive on your Windows PC. To open the window, simply hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then click Open command window here.
6. Type in following commands into the Command Prompt Window. Hit ENTER after each line you type.
echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
7. Now double-click on the SuperOneClick executable file and it’ll launch.
8. On the top-right corner, you’ll see a dropdown menu. Select psneuter from that menu.
9. Click Root button in the tool and it’ll start rooting your device.
10. You’ll see a confirmation message once rooting’s done.
11. And you’re done!
Congrats! Your device has been successfully rooted and you should have Superuser app right in your App Drawer. Customization of the device begins from here, you can start off with installing root-only apps!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG Optimus Pro C660 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.