A Custom Recovery is an essential part of an Android Device and it works even though when you’re unable to turn your device ON. Just like we have Safe Mode on Windows PCs, an Android Custom Recovery works the similar way and helps troubleshoot errors. Additionally, it allows to install custom ROMs to further improve user-experience or to upgrade to the newer firmware unofficially, it’s got everything you will want to customize your device. To get the widely popular ClockworkMod Recovery on your LG Optimus M+, you can check out the following guide.
1. You must have done our How to Root the LG Optimus M+ procedure.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the ClockworkMod Recovery.
1. Start off the procedure by installing ROM Manager app on your device, the download link’s given above.
2. Once it’s installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. In the app, you’ll have an option saying Flash ClockworkMod Recovery, hit it.
4. You now have to choose your device from the list, just tap on your device name.
5. It’ll now download and install the recovery on your device, let it do it.
6. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
7. And you’re all set!
Congo! ClockworkMod Recovery has successfully been installed on your Optimus M+ and it has opened gates for the custom ROMs!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus M+ to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!