Installing ClockworkMod Recovery on the Samsung Conquer 4G will let you flash custom ROMs and all those mods that happen to be in the recovery flashable department. While you can always add new mods to your device using the recovery, you can also take backups of your current firmware so in case something goes wrong while flashing files, you can easily revert back to the working version of firmware in a matter of a few minutes. If this sounds good to you, then go ahead and flash ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Conquer 4G smartphone.
1. You must have done our How to Root the Samsung Conquer 4G procedure.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the CWM Recovery.
3. Asset File (It’s attached in the first post)
4. ClockworkMod Recovery Image (It’s attached in the first post)
1. Install the first two apps on your device using the links given above.
2. Place the third and fourth files on the Desktop of your PC.
3. Extract files from the Asset File archive to your Desktop. You’ll get a file named flash_image.
4. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
5. Copy the flash_image as well as CWM Recovery Image files over to the root of your SD card.
6. Once files are copied, unplug the device from your PC.
7. Launch the ES File Explorer app on your device.
8. Now move the flash_image file to /data/local/ directory.
9. Close the app.
10. Open the Terminal Emulator app from your App Drawer.
11. Type in following commands into the app:
/data/local/flash_image recovery /sdcard/CWMR.img
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock9 /system
mount | grep system
chmod 444 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh
12. You may get an error at the last command, but it’s normal and doesn’t affect the recovery installation.
13. Reboot your device and you’re all done!
Great! Your device has been successfully equipped with the ClockworkMod Recovery and from now onward, you can flash custom ROMs or Tweaks or both, sky is the limit!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Conquer 4G to learn how to do that.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!