While the famous ClockworkMod Recovery’s available for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (US Cellular) smartphone, some users just think that it doesn’t fit their requirement and they need more control over the customization of the recovery. For such users, TWRP Recovery is there to help them out with their requirements and let them have more control over what they do in recovery. This recovery’s XML driven, thus any user can create his own themes and apply to the recovery, that needs development skills, though. If you’re just a simple user and want to try out the TWRP Recovery on your device, then you can follow our guide below.
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
1. TWRP Recovery (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop. It’ll make it easier to find the files in later steps.
2. Extract files from the Odin archive and place them on your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it should launch.
4. Click on PDA button and select the TWRP Recovery file you downloaded earlier.
5. Put a checkmark in the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Make sure that the Repartition box is unchecked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Connect the device to your PC via USB cable.
10. Hit Start button in the Odin and it’ll start flashing the recovery.
11. It’ll take some time to flash the file, so have some patience.
12. Once it’s done, your device will automatically reboot.
13. And you’re all done!
Cheers! You’re now rocking the touch-based TWRP Recovery on your device and if you were wanting to load some custom ROMs, you can do so now!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (US Cellular) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!