Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Lite is a perfect choice for those who are looking to have a device with Dual-SIM support and this device has it. Besides, the phone offers mid-range features, such as Android 2.3 Gingerbread on-board, a 832MHz processor and a 2MP camera, not quite good for taking high-quality images. Although not being a popular device in the industry, the phone’s got a root method to allow users go beyond the features that come with the stock firmware. Rooting has a lot of advantages and you will realize them only when you root your device, so let’s see how you can root your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Lite (GT-S5302) smartphone.
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting the device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. Make sure your device’s charged fully or has at least 50% of battery life left.
1. Root Package (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop. Do NOT extract it.
2. Enable the Unknown sources option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Unknown sources.
3. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
4. Copy the Root Package archive over to the root of your SD card. It’s the topmost folder.
5. Once file’s copied, unplug the device from your PC.
6. Turn OFF the device.
7. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume UP+Home+Power buttons together.
8. Once inside the Recovery, choose apply update from sdcard.
9. Select the Root Package archive you copied earlier for flashing.
10. Once flashing’s done, choose reboot system now from the Recovery menu.
11. And you’re all done!
Congrats! Your device has been successfully rooted and now has the Superuser app for managing root access permissions.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.