Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 was rooted within a few weeks of its launch and it opened gates for users to try out the latest root-only apps on their devices. Sometimes, due to an issue with the device, you might want to visit the service center to get it fixed. But as you’ve rooted the device, you’re no longer in the warranty period and thus you can’t get it fixed. Well, you can unroot the device to get your lost warranty back and in the following guide, we’re gonna show you how exactly you can unroot your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 smartphone. Follow all the steps to letter and you should end up with an unrooted device.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device needs to have at least 60% of battery life left.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it should launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
5. Checkmark the boxes labeled as Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Make sure that the Repartition box is unchecked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot the device into Download Mode. To do that, simply hold down the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Once inside the Download mode, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
10. Hit Start button and it’ll start flashing the firmware.
11. Once it’s done, your device will automatically reboot.
12. And you’re all done!
Great! Your device’s been successfully unrooted and is now back to the stock firmware. Your warranty has also been restored and you can now visit the service center without facing any unexpected questions!
Image Credit: Engadget
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!