Sony Xperia P has gotten the taste of ClockworkMod Recovery and now you can flash it on your device to get the custom ROMs running on your device as well as to make nandroid backups. There’re numerous useful features available in the ClockworkMod Recovery and you’ll realize the power of such features only when you really flash the recovery on your device. In the following guide, we’re gonna walk you through the steps to install ClockworkMod Recovery on your Sony Xperia P. Follow the guide and you’ll end up with a custom recovery installed on your device.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Check out our how to root the Sony Xperia P procedure to root your device.
2. The following procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
1. RecoverX (Download link’s given in the first post)
1. Download and place the RecoverX archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop. To do so, you can use free tools like WinRAR.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
4. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on the RecoverX executable file and it’ll launch.
6. Choose your device from dropdown menu in the tool.
7. Now select ClockworkMod Recovery from the recoveries list.
8. Hit Next and it’ll start doing its job.
9. Once recovery’s flashed, reboot your device.
10. And you’re all set!
Brilliant! ClockworkMod Recovery’s been successfully installed on your Xperia P. Now is the time to enjoy the true power of your device by flashing custom ROMs and Tweaks!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Sony Xperia P to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.