Sony’s Xperia lineup smartphones have always enjoyed latest developments from the developers and the latest addition to the list is, TWRP Recovery for the Sony Xperia T. It’s a well-known recovery in the Android world and thousands of users are already enjoying it on their devices. If you want to make nandroid backusp, flash custom ROMs, then look no further and go ahead and flash this recovery. You’ll get almost same features as the ClockworkMod Recovery, however, the user-interface is a bit different and may lure you that you’ll forget the CWM. If you’re ready to install TWRP Recovery on your Sony Xperia T smartphone, then jump onto the guide below.
1. You must have done our How to Root the Sony Xperia T procedure.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
1. TWRP Recovery (Download the file having .elf as extension)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop. You’ll end up with fastboot.exe and some other files.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Reboot the device into Fastboot mode by simply pressing and holding the Volume UP+Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
5. Once inside the Fastboot mode, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
6. Open a Command Prompt Window on the Desktop of your PC. To do so, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then select Open command window here.
7. Type in following command into the Command Prompt Window. Make sure to replace filename.elf with the actual name of the file you downloaded.
fastboot flash boot filename.elf
8. Once it’s done, issue the following command:
9. Your device should reboot.
10. And you’re all done!
Amazing! Your device now has TWRP Recovery installed on it and it works the same way as the CWM does. Simply boot into the recovery mode and enjoy the difference!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Sony Xperia T to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!