Getting your device rooted is as easy as abc but unrooting the same becomes a cumbersome task sometimes. Such is not the case with our Samsung Exhibit 4G smartphone as a recovery flashable stock ROM is available now allowing users to get back to stock in no time without much exertion. As it unroots the device, it also restores the warranty of your device to help you get free services from your manufacturer, if they’re offering any. So, here’s how you can unroot your Samsung Exhibit 4G smartphone.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. You must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your device. Follow this guide to do so.
1. Stock ROM (Download link’s given in the Flash Back to Stock section)
1. Download and place the Stock ROM archive onto your Desktop. Do NOT extract it, leave it as is.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Copy the Stock ROM archive over to the root of your SD card. It’s the topmost folder.
4. Once copied, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Turn OFF your device.
6. Reboot the device into Recovery mode. To do so, simply hold down the Volume UP+Home+Power buttons together.
7. In the Recovery mode, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
8. Select the Stock ROM ZIP you copied earlier for flashing.
9. It’ll take some time to flash the file, so be patient.
10. Once it’s done, choose reboot system now from the recovery menu to reboot the device.
11. And you’re all done!
Excellent! Your device has been unrooted and is now back to the stock firmware with all the default apps. It is recommended that you wipe your device off before you start using it.
Image Credit: GSMArena
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.