While some devices are still waiting to get even a single custom recovery, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 has been so fortunate that it’s got CWM as well as TWRP Recovery, two of the most used recoveries in the world. Both the recoveries provide great features and using any of the two is a great choice you can ever make. In this guide, we’ll be showing you how you can install TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 device so you can enjoy flashing custom ROMs and Mods. Let’s get started:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our rooting guide to root your device.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
1. TWRP Recovery Image (Download the latest one for your device)
1. Download and place the Recovery Image onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
3. Transfer the Recovery Image over to the root of your SD card. It’s the topmost folder.
4. Once transferred, unplug your device from your PC.
5. Now install the Terminal Emulator app on your device using the link given above.
6. Once installed, open it from your Menu.
7. Type in following command into the app:
8. Now issue the following command. Make sure to replace filenam.img with the actual name of the Recovery Image you downloaded.
dd if=/sdcard/filenam.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6
9. Once the recovery’s flashed on your device, reboot your device.
10. And you’re all done!
Brilliant! You’ve successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. If you were looking to install some custom ROMs on your device, you can do so now!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!