ClockworkMod Recovery has really helped thousands of users to flash custom ROMs and Mods on their Android Devices. And now comes TWRP Recovery, a custom recovery that is almost same as CWM but has got a different user-interface that can be customized according to the user’s needs. In the recovery, you’ll find options like flashing custom ROMs, taking backups and so on and the great thing is, the recovery is touch based, thus you won’t have to press any physical keys to perform actions. Your gestures should work fine with the recovery. This guide shows how you can install TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (T-Mobile) smartphone. Let’s get started:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. You can check out our rooting guide to root your device.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
1. TWRP Recovery Image (Download the latest file having .img as extension)
1. Download and place the Recovery Image onto your Desktop.
2. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
3. Copy the Recovery Image over to the root of your SD card.
4. Once copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
5. Now download and install the Terminal Emulator app on your device. The download link’s given above.
6. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
7. Type in following command into the app:
8. Now issue the following command. Make sure to replace recoveryname.img with the actual name of the Recovery Image you downloaded.
dd if=/sdcard/recoveryname.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9
9. Once the recovery’s installed on your device, reboot your device.
10. And you’re all done!
Awesome! You’ve successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your device. Now is the perfect time to begin customizing your device with the latest and greatest custom ROMs!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (T-Mobile) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!