Users of the Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint) rejoice as you now have another custom recovery called TWRP Recovery, a custom touch-based recovery that replaces your stock recovery. The recovery offers options for making backups, installing custom ROMs, tweaks and allows you to go beyond the limits of your device. Sounds interesting? huh. Let us show you how you can install TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint) smartphone so you can get started with the above mentioned features.
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Please head to our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint) procedure first, finish it, then return to this procedure and continue.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
1. Download and install the GooManager app from Google Play to your device. The download link’s given above.
2. Once you’ve installed it, open it from your Menu.
3. Press the Menu key on your device and hit the option that says Install OpenRecoveryScript.
4. Tap on Yes to confirm your action.
5. You should now be able to see the name of your device on your screen. If it’s perfect, hit Yes.
6. The app will now automatically download and install the recovery on your device.
7. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
8. And you’re all done!
Excellent! Your device has been successfully flashed with TWRP Recovery and you should be able to flash custom ROMs right away!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.