While all the carrier-branded variants of the Galaxy S3 are enjoying TWRP Recovery, then how we can forget the International variant that’s used all over the world without any carrier restrictions. To add to the happiness of the aforementioned device’s users, TeamWin has released its custom recovery called TWRP Recovery for the Galaxy S3 (International) that can be used to flash custom ROMs and Tweaks. It also helps you get your device back to stock if you’ve gotten the stock firmware as a recovery flashable file. This guide shows exactly how you can install TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S3 (International). Go ahead and enjoy!
1. You must have done our How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S3 procedure.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
1. Download and install the GooManager app on your device using the link provided above.
2. Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
3. Press the Menu key on your device and select Install OpenRecoveryScript.
4. Hit Yes on the next screen.
5. Your device name will be displayed on your screen. Confirm it and hit Yes.
6. Sit back and relax as the app will now automatically install the recovery on your device.
7. Once the recovery’s flashed on your device, reboot your device.
8. And you’re all set!
Awesome! You’ve successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy S3 and the custom ROMs are now a tap away from you!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S3 to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.