Now that you have TWRP on your HTC Butterfly, it’s time to go ahead and finally root the heck out of it. And as we promised in our previous post on flashing TWRP Recovery, this is pretty easy and you should be done in minutes! So read on then if you want to know how to root your HTC Butterfly.
1. Back up everything you deem important.
2. Charge your device to 75% or more before you begin.
3. You need to have TWRP Recovery (or any other custom recovery) installed for this procedure to work. If you don’t have it already, our post detailing the procedure to get this on to your device should help you.
su_buzyb0x.zip [Download link available in this post]
1. Connect your device to your PC and copy the su_buzyb0x.zip file you download above to your device’s SD card.
2. Boot your device into TWRP Recovery. To do this, with the device off, press the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously until you are presented with the fastboot menu, then use the Volume Up/Down buttons to navigate to Recovery and then use the Power button to select it.
3. Once in TWRP Recovery, tap on Install, navigate to the location of su_buzyb0x.zip and select it.
4. Swipe the confirmation arrow to the right to begin flashing the file.
5. Tap on Reboot system once the flashing is done.
And when your device boots up, you should find that Superuser app tucked away in your app drawer confirming that you now have root privileges on your HTC Butterfly!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.