The “next big thing” is finally here. Samsung has delivered on their promises and made the Galaxy S4 official today during a live press event held in New York City.
As expected this smartphone is packed with specs and new features and we’ve rounded up all the highlights for you below.
- Processor: 1.9GHz Quad-core processor or 1.6GHz Octa-core processor
- Memory: 2GB of RAM and 16/ 32/ 64 GB User memory expandable through SDcard slot
- Display: 5″ full-HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi
- Connections: Hexaband LTE, HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, IR controller
- Battery: 2,600mAh
- OS: Android 4.2.2
- Camera: 13MP rear facing with 2MP front facing, both camera use Samsung’s Dual Camera tech allowing you to take photos and capture video at the same time
- Photo edits: Users can take a series of photos and edit them with built in photo tweaks
- Story Album: Creates automatic albums of your photos when you travel and gathers them for you
- Improved TouchWiz
- Smart Pause:Allows the phone to pause a video when you look away from the screen
- Smart Scroll: Scrolls with your eye movements
- Air View and Air Gesture: Allows you to gesture with the S4 just by hovering your finger over the screen
Unfortunately, no official date was confirmed for the Galaxy 4 launch, but Samsung expects the smartphone to launch sometime during Q2 of this year. In the meantime you can peruse the official photos below.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!