The next step after rooting an Android device is installing a custom recovery. You might wonder what this thing is, well, it’s a custom recovery that replaces your stock recovery and offers you plenty of more features as well as enables you to flash custom ROMs and custom Mods available exclusively for your Android device. If you’ve rooted your LG Optimus Net P690, then head onto the following guide to learn how you can flash a custom recovery on it.
1. You must have done our How to Root the LG Optimus Net P690 procedure.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the CWM Recovery.
3. Flash Image
1. Place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
4. Copy the Recovery Image as well as Flash Image files over to the root of your SD card.
5. Once the files are copied, unplug your device from your PC.
6. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
7. Once enabled, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
8. Launch a Command Prompt Window on the Desktop of your PC. To do that, press and hold the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any empty area on the screen, then select Open command window here.
9. Type in following commands into the Window one-by-one:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image> /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
10. You will reboot into the newly installed Recovery.
11. You’re done!
Excellent! The CWM Recovery was successfully installed on your device and you can see it working properly yourself.
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus Net (P690) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.