The famous TWRP Recovery is now available for the HTC Explorer smartphone and installing it on the device won’t take more than a few minutes. A custom recovery’s useful in many terms, it helps you install custom ROMs, revert back to stock firmware (if you already have a nandroid backup) and so on. So in this guide, you’ll learn how to install TWRP Recovery on the HTC Explore. And here you go:
1. You must have done our How to Root the HTC Explorer procedure.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
1. Download and install the GooManager app on your device using the link provided above.
2. Once installed, launch it on your device.
3. Press the Menu key on your device and you should see a menu, tap on Install OpenRecoveryScript option.
4. Tap the Yes button to confirm your action.
5. You should now see the model number of your device on your screen. If it’s perfect, hit Yes.
6. The app will now automatically download and install the recovery on your device. No action is required from user-side.
7. You’re all set!
Congrats! Your HTC Explorer has successfully been equipped with TWRP Recovery and you can now access it to flash custom ROMs and Mods!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the HTC Explorer to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.