Want to unroot your Samsung Galaxy Pocket (GT-S5300) smartphone? No problem, here’s a guide for you that will help you unroot your device as well as reinstate your warranty. The procedure below flashes the stock firmware on your device and lets you revert back to official firmware for your device. So, let’s not waste time and get onto the procedure:
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Make sure your device has at least 70% of battery life left.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
5. Checkmark the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Leave the Repartition box unchecked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot your device into Download mode. To do that, simply hold down the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
9. Once inside Download mode, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
10. Click on Start button in the Odin and it’ll begin the flashing process.
11. It may take a few minutes to finish the process, so be patient.
12. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
13. And you’re unrooted now!
Brilliant! Your device’s successfully been unrooted and is now running the official stock firmware.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.