So you have rooted your Toshiba Thrive and now want to flash a custom recovery on it? No problem, this guide will teach you how you can do that. Flashing a custom recovery has many advantages, as it lets you flash custom ROMs, Mods, make nandroid backups and so on. In some cases, it even helps you unbrick your device. So, if you’re ready to flash a custom recovery on your device, then jump onto the guide below:
1. You must have done our How to Root the Toshiba Thrive procedure.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You must have ADB drivers installed on your PC. See this guide to learn how to install them.
1. Thrive Toolkit (Download link’s given at the bottom of the first post)
1. Place the Thrive Toolkit archive on the Desktop of your PC.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
4. Double-click on Easy_Flash_Tool.bat file you extracted to your Desktop.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
6. And you’re done!
Brilliant! Your device’s now rocking ClockworkMod Recovery and is now capable to install custom ROMs and Mods!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the Toshiba Thrive to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!