Good news for the LG Optimus G (AT&T) users as you now have TWRP Recovery available for your device. For flashaholic users, this is just a great news as they’ll now be able to flash custom ROMs with the gestures of their hands, the recovery’s fully-touch based and you don’t have to press physical buttons to interact with it. In this guide, you’ll learn how you can install this TWRP Recovery on your LG Optimus G (AT&T) smartphone. So, let’s get started:
1. You must have rooted your device before doing this procedure. Our How to Root the LG Optimus G (AT&T) procedure should help you with that.
2. This will replace your current recovery with the TWRP Recovery.
3. This works for the AT&T variant only. If you’ve the Sprint variant, head here.
1. TWRP Recovery Image (Download the latest version of Recovery)
1. Download and place both the files onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop and you’ll get fastboot.exe along with some other files.
3. Turn OFF your device.
4. Reboot your device into Fastboot Mode. To do that, simply hold down the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
5. Once inside the Fastboot mode, connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
6. Launch a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. You can do that by holding down the Shift button on your keyboard and right-click on any blank area on the screen, then select Open command window here.
7. Enter the following command into the Command Prompt Window. You need to replace recoveryfilename.img with the actual name of the Recovery Image you downloaded.
fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img
8. Once it is done, reboot your device.
9. You’re done!
Congrats! You’ve successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your device and now begins the real customization of your device!
1. If you are ready to flash custom ROMs on your device, head to the How To Flash a Custom ROM on the LG Optimus G (AT&T) to learn how to do that.
Image Credit: LaptopMag
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.