Maybe you’ve rooted your Samsung Fascinate but now don’t need root-access anymore? Maybe you just want that stock feeling once again? Either way, this guide will help you unroot your device as well as get it back to stock firmware. Going back to stock is a good idea as you’ll be able to get OTA updates and other free goodies that custom ROM users don’t get. So, let’s see how you can unroot your Samsung Fascinate (SCH-I500) smartphone.
1. You should have rooted your device using the procedure given here.
2. Your device should have at least 70% of battery life left.
1. Stock Firmware (Download the appropriate firmware for your device)
1. Place both the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from both the archives to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
5. Checkmark the boxes labeled as Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Make sure that the Repartition box isn’t checked, it’s important.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Reboot your device into Download mode. To do so, simply hold down the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
9. Once you’ve reached Download mode, connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
10. Click on Start button in the Odin and it’ll start flashing the stock firmware.
11. It’ll take a few minutes to finish the job, so be patient.
12. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
13. And you’re done!
Great! Your Samsung Fascinate is now back to the stock firmware with no root-access. You’ll be glad to know that your warranty’s been restored and you can now take the device to any service center without any fear!
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.