Rooting the Sony Xperia Active is a hassle-free process and so is the unrooting process. There may be various reasons you want to unroot your device, maybe you want to restore the warranty of your device or you just don’t want root-access anymore. Let the reason be any, this guide will walk you through the steps to unroot the Sony Xperia Active smartphone. So, let’s get started:
1. You must have rooted your device using the procedure given here. If you used any other method to root your device, then the following procedure may or may not work for you.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
1. Unroot Package (Download link’s given in the post #145)
1. Download and place the Unroot Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive to your Desktop.
3. Turn ON the USB debugging function on your device by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Turn ON the Unknown sources option as well from the path Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Unknown sources.
5. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
6. Double-click on RUNME-UNROOT.bat file you’ve on your Desktop.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions.
8. And you should be unrooted now!
Awesome! Your device has been successfully unrooted and no longer has Superuser app in the Menu.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!