Bin4ry has enabled almost all the smartphone users running Android 4+ to root their devices easily, thanks to his one-click method that he’s developed for Windows users. LG Optimus Extremre L40G can be rooted with the said method, though it requires the method to be run more than one time. However, it finally roots the device and lets you have access to more apps than what you now have access to. This guide shows how you can root your LG Optimus Extreme L40G and get Superuser app running on it:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This procedure works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC.
4. Make sure to take a backup of all the important files you’ve stored on your device.
1. Root Package (Download link’s available in the first post)
1. Download and place the Root Package archive onto your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. You need to hard reset your device before starting the root utility. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons together.
4. Let go of the Power button once you see the LG logo on your screen.
5. Follow the instructions to hard-reset your device.
6. Once your device’s been hard-reset, enable the USB debugging option by going to Menu>>Settings>>Developer options>>USB debugging.
7. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
8. Double-click on the RunMe.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
9. Select the last option to root your device.
10. You may get some errors during the root process, it’s normal.
11. Just keep-on trying until it pushes all the files over to your device and roots it.
12. And you should be rooted finally!
Awesome! Your device’s been successfully rooted using the Bin4ry’s method. You can install the root-checker app to confirm the root status.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.