Rooting your LG Optimus Q from Straight Talk will enable you to load root-only apps that often prove to be very useful for users. All the apps that need system files to be tweaked require root to run properly and this guide will teach you how you can root your LG Optimus Q smartphone. It’s an extremely easy process to root the device and here’s how you can do that:
1. This will void the warranty of your device. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This should work on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, you can download them from here.
1. Place the Esteem Root archive onto your Desktop.
2. Unzip files from the archive over to your Desktop.
3. Enable the USB debugging option on your device by heading to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging.
4. Connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
5. Double-click on run.bat file you extracted earlier to your Desktop.
6. Press any key and it’ll begin rooting your device.
7. And you should be rooted now!
Excellent! Your Optimus Q has been successfully rooted. You should be able to find the Superuser app in your App Drawer!
1. If you would like to flash a custom recovery image in order to flash custom ROMs, head to the How To Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the LG Optimus Q (Straight Talk) to learn how to do that.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If you liked this, please share it. It's greatly appreciated!