Good news for the Samsung Illusion users, you can now root your device and get access to thousands of root-only apps available out there. Rooting has now become a must-do task if you own an Android device, as it opens up doors for various customization options for your device. In this guide, you’ll learn how to root the Samsung Illusion smartphone and get those root-only apps running on it. Let’s get started:
1. You’re gonna void the warranty of your device by rooting it. However, you can reinstate the warranty by unrooting your device if there’s any unrooting procedure available.
2. This works on Windows based PCs only.
3. You should have appropriate drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, you can get them from here.
1. Stock Kernel (Download link’s given in the Needed Files section)
2. Pre-rooted Kernel (Download link’s given in the Needed Files section)
3. Odin (Download link’s given in the Needed Files section)
1. Place all the files you downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Odin archive over to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on the Odin executable file and it’ll launch.
4. Click on PDA and select the Pre-rooted Kernel file you downloaded earlier to your Desktop.
5. Checkmark the boxes that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Make sure that the Repartition box isn’t checked.
7. Turn OFF your device.
8. Turn it back on by holding down the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
9. Your device should reboot into Download mode.
10. Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable.
11. Hit Start in Odin and it’ll begin flashing the file.
12. Once the file’s been flashed, your device should automatically reboot.
13. Turn OFF your device once again.
14. Reboot it into Download mode by pressing and holding the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
15. Make sure it’s connected to your PC and is recognized by Odin.
16. In the PDA section of Odin, choose the Stock Kernel file that you downloaded earlier to your Desktop.
17. Click Start and it’ll flash the stock kernel on your device.
18. Once it’s done, reboot your device.
19. Head over to Google Play and download and install the Superuser app on your device.
20. You’re done!
Brilliant! Your Samsung Illusion has been successfully rooted and you now have a new app called Superuser to help you with managing root permissions.
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
If this procedure helped you, please consider donating to the original developer or at least sending them a thank you.
Now that you are rooted, head here to learn some of the fun things you can do!
For all the devices we have rooting procedures for, head here.